LET’S PLAY BALL…..
A Friendly Manitoba welcome to all players, coaches, officials, parents and families!
The 21U Girls Baseball Committee and Baseball Manitoba are proud to be hosting the 2018 21U women’s Invitational Baseball Championships at Fines Field Baseball Facility in Stonewall, Manitoba. Plans are underway to ensure the championship will be an awesome experience for players, coaches, officials and fans.
Below you will find specific details regarding the event. Please take the time to review the details so that you are aware of the event requirements.
TEAMS: (Players, Coaches and Team Officials)
- Teams must arrive in Selkirk the evening of Wednesday, August 8, 2018. All teams are asked to submit a team roaster with assigned numbers by July 3, 2018 for the program.
- Accommodations for Players - Teams and Officials will be staying in Selkirk, Manitoba at the Canalta Hotel – 204- 482-7474 or Toll Free at 844-484-7474. Each team has been allocated eight rooms - four players per rooms (5 rooms) and coaches and reps (2 rooms) and one extra.
- Accommodations have been arranged from Wednesday, August 8 to Monday, August 13. Should teams wish to arrive earlier or stay longer arrangements will need to be made with the hotel directly.
The Canalta Hotel in Selkirk has all the amenities that you need to make the most of your stay. This location features the following amenities for your comfort & convenience:
Pet Friendly (fee), Steam Room, Mini Mart, In Room Keurig, Kitchenettes, Iron and Board, Hair Dryer, Guest Laundry, Fitness Centre, Business Centre, Complimentary Breakfast, Free High Speed Wi-Fi, Hot Tub, and Heated Indoor Pool
Player rooms have two standard queen beds with fridge and microwave - $129.00 plus taxes (based on single or double occupancy with 10.00 extra per guest)
Coaches and rep rooms may have two standard queen beds or King Suite with one bed and a sofa Bed for 139.00 plus taxes (based on single or double occupancy with 10.00 extra per guest).
Room Details and booking codes:
Rooming Lists need to be submitted BEFORE JUNE 25th, 2018
You can email your rooming list to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state your team name and confirmation number and method of payment.
To be sent to provincial office
Rooms have been blocked however all teams are required to book their own rooms by June 25, 2018.
4. All players are responsible for their own transportation from the airport to the hotel and from the hotel to the ball field. Car rentals are available at the airport.
5. On August 8, 2018 there will be an optional Meet and Greet Evening starting at 6:00 p.m. and ending at 8:00 p.m. in the conference room at the Canalta Hotel. Please let the host committee know if you plan on attending as a light snack will be provided. RSVP to Gail Langlais at email@example.com
6. The Pre-Championship Meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, August 8 starting at 8:30 p.m. in the conference room at the Canalta Hotel. Each team is permitted two representatives and their provincial representative.
- Umpires should arrive in Selkirk the evening of Wednesday, August 8, 2018.
- Accommodations for Umpires - Umpires will be staying in Selkirk, Manitoba at the Canalta Hotel – There will be two umpires per room. Rooms have been arranged and accommodations will be paid by the host committee from August 8 to August 14, 2018 inclusive. Individual umpires must arrange for and cover costs for earlier arrival and later departures.
- Transportation has been arranged to and from the airport and during the championship for all umpires.
- Umpires will receive a meal per diem from the Host Committee upon arrival at the championship.
- On August 8, 2018 there will be an optional meet and greet evening starting at 6:00 p.m. and ending at 8:00 p.m. in the conference room at the Canalta Hotel. Please let the host committee know if you plan on attending as a light snack will be provided. RSVP to Gail Langlais at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Guests are responsible for their own travel to and from the airport and from the hotel to ball field.
- Guests are responsible for their own accommodations. The Canalta has a limited number of rooms available for guests however a small number of rooms have been blocked for guests. Rooms may open up closer to the event date.
FANS OF THE GAME: 173-139112-005 10 ROOMS ON HOLD UNTIL JUNE 25TH 2018
2 - KING SUITES W/SOFA
2 - DELUXE QUEEN W/SOFA;
4 - DELUXE KING SUITES W/SOFA
1 - KING KITCHENETTE W/ SOFA 1 - FAMILY SUITE KITCHENETTE
GROUP DISCOUNT DAILY RATES - based on double occupancy
Standard Room 2 Queen Beds $129.00 plus taxes ($150.15)
Standard King Room $129.00 plus taxes ($150.15)
King Suite w/sofa bed $139.00 plus taxes ($161.80)
Deluxe Two Queen w/sofa bed $139.00 plus taxes ($161.80)
Deluxe King Suite w/sofa bed $149.00 plus taxes ($173.44)
King Kitchenette w/sofa bed $149.00 plus taxes ($173.44)
Family Suite Kitchenette 1 King bed/1 Queen bed/sofa bed $179.00 plus taxes ($208.36)
Canalta Hotel Selkirk 1061 Manitoba Ave Selkirk, MB R1A 3T7
P: 204-482-7474 F: 204-482-4110 Toll Free: 844-484-7474 Email: email@example.com
- Selkirk Inn and Conference Centre - http://www.selkirkconferencecentre.ca/accomodations.html ,
- Rockwood Motor Inn, Stonewall – 204-467-2354
- Winnipeg hotels recommendation - Holiday Inn Winnipeg - Airport West
- Camping is also available at Stonewall Quarry Park – http://stonewallquarrypark.ca/main.asp?fxoid=FXMenu,4&cat_ID=1&sub_ID=10 - reservations required - Phone: (204) 467-7980
Admission fees for the event are as follows:
- Day pass adult: $10.00
- Weekend pass adult: $25.00
- Student/Senior day pass: $5.00
- Student/Senior weekend pass: $15.00
- Children 5 and under free
- Quarry Park Heritage Arts Centre - The Quarry Park Heritage Arts Centre opened in 2011. The Centre houses an Interpretive Centre and is onsite.
- Quarry Park also houses Kinsman Lake Pool.
- Selkirk Marine Museum - http://marinemuseum.ca/ - The Marine Museum is dedicated to the preservation of nautical history by restoring ships from the colorful past of Manitoba waterways. A storehouse of artifacts and records from Lake Winnipeg cruisers is housed aboard Manitoba's historic vessels.
Baseball Canada merchandise available online and at the event. For more information go to https://shop.baseball.ca/
21U Women’s Championship online store link is https://21uinvitational.itemorder.com/sale?read_message=true
HOST COMMITTEE CONTACT