Baseball Canada 21U Women Invitational Championship
Stonewall, Manitoba August 24-28, 2017
LET’S PLAY BALL…..
Greetings from Friendly Manitoba! The 21U Girls Baseball Committee and Baseball Manitoba are proud to be hosting the 2017 21U Invitational Baseball Championships at Fines Field Baseball Facility in Stonewall, Manitoba. Plans are well underway to ensure the championship will be an amazing experience for players, coaches, officials and fans.
Below you will find specific details regarding the event. Please take the time to review the details so that you are aware of the event requirements.
TEAMS: (Players, Coaches and Team Officials)
1) Teams must arrive in Selkirk the evening of Wednesday, August 23, 2017.
2) All teams are asked to submit a picture of their team in uniform by July 3, 2017 with a player roaster corresponding to the photo for the program.
3) Accommodations for Players - Teams and Officials will be staying in Selkirk, Manitoba at the Canalta Hotel – 204- 482-7474. Teams are asked to maximize room space by having four players per rooms and coaches and reps are asked to share where possible.
Accommodations have been arranged from Wednesday, August 23 to Monday, August 28. Should teams wish to arrive earlier or stay longer arrangements will need to be made with the hotel directly.
The Canalta Hotel in Selkirk has all the amenities that you need to make the most of your stay. This location features the following amenities for your comfort & convenience:
Pet Friendly (fee), Steam Room, Mini Mart, In Room Keurig, Kitchenettes, Iron and Board, Hair Dryer, Guest Laundry, Fitness Centre, Business Centre, Complimentary Breakfast, Free High Speed Wi-Fi, Hot Tub, and Heated Indoor Pool
Team rooms have two standard queen beds with fridge and microwave - $129.00 (based on single or double occupancy with 10.00 extra per guest)
Team Booking Code: 173-139-112-002 - Canalta Hotel – 204- 482-7474
Rooms have been blocked however all teams are required to book their own rooms by July 20, 2017.
4) All players are responsible for their own transportation from the airport to the hotel and from the hotel to the ball field. Car rentals are available at the airport.
5) On Wednesday August 23, 2017 there will be an optional Meet and Greet Evening starting at 6:00 p.m. and ending at 8:00 p.m. in the conference room at the Canalta Hotel. Please let the host committee know if you plan on attending as a light snack will be provided. RSVP to Gail Langlais at email@example.com
6) The Pre-Championship Meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, August 23 starting at 8:30 p.m. in the conference room at the Canalta Hotel. Each team is permitted two representatives and their provincial representative.
1) Umpires should arrive in Selkirk the evening of Wednesday, August 23, 2017.
2) All umpires are asked to submit a head shot in uniform by July 3, 2017 for the official program.
3) Accommodations for Umpires - Umpires will be staying in Selkirk, Manitoba at the Canalta Hotel – There will be two umpires per room. Rooms have been arranged and accommodations will be paid by the host committee from August 23 to August 28, 2017 inclusive. Individual umpires must arrange for and cover costs for earlier arrival and later departures.
4) Transportation has been arranged to and from the airport and during the championship for all umpires.
5) Umpires will receive a meal per diem from the Host Committee upon arrival at the championship.
6) On Wednesday August 23, 2017 there will be an optional meet and greet evening starting at 6:00 p.m. and ending at 8:00 p.m. in the conference room at the Canalta Hotel. Please let the host committee know if you plan on attending as a light snack will be provided. RSVP to Gail Langlais at firstname.lastname@example.org
1) Guests are responsible for their own travel to and from the airport and from the hotel to ball field.
2) Guests are responsible for their own accommodations. The Canalta has a limited number of rooms available for guests however a small number of rooms have been blocked for guests. Rooms may open up closer to the event date.
Family rooms vary in size and price from – $139.00 (deluxe queen) to $179.00 (family suite).
Guest Booking code: 173-139-112-003 – Please note $129.00 rooms will become available once all teams have registered. All rooms have a fridge and microwave.
Rooms must be booked by July 20, 2017 - Canalta Hotel – 204- 482-7474
a. Selkirk Inn and Conference Centre - http://www.selkirkconferencecentre.ca/accomodations.html ,
b. Rockwood Motor Inn, Stonewall – 204-467-2354
c. Winnipeg hotels recommendation - Holiday Inn Winnipeg - Airport West
d. Camping is also available at Stonewall Quarry Park – http://stonewallquarrypark.ca/main.asp?fxoid=FXMenu,4&cat_ID=1&sub_ID=10 - reservations required - Phone: (204) 467-7980
3) Admission fees for the event are as follows:
a. Day pass adult: $10.00
b. Weekend pass adult: $25.00
c. Student/Senior day pass: $5.00
d. Student/Senior weekend pass: $15.00
e. Children 5 and under free
1) Quarry Park Heritage Arts Centre - The Quarry Park Heritage Arts Centre opened in 2011. The Centre houses an Interpretive Centre and is onsite.
2) Quarry Park also houses Kinsman Lake Pool.
3) Selkirk Marine Museum - http://marinemuseum.ca/ - The Marine Museum is dedicated to the preservation of nautical history by restoring ships from the colorful past of Manitoba waterways. A storehouse of artifacts and records from Lake Winnipeg cruisers is housed aboard Manitoba's historic vessels.
4) Winnipeg Attractions - Arrangements have been made for guests, team players and officials to receive 15% off the Winnipeg City Pass (and all other passes on the Winnipeg Pass site) which allows you to visit 8 major attractions in Winnipeg. Details can be found on the Winnipeg Pass website - https://www.winnipegpass.com/city/ - Please use the promotional code: 2017baseball to receive the discount. Passes will be delivered directly to your hotel by putting hotel name and date of arrival in the notes section when ordering. Please contact City Pass for more details.